Better In Time


I was inspired by this song to write this one to a person from my past:

"Someday, time will come when I can vanish you from my memory. Time will come when my memory would slowly fade out and forget the person you were and what you have become in my life. Years, yes years have passed but I can still remember just as it was yesterday... my mistakes, yours... all that we have admited and those that we still continue to deny. Much as remembering brings me smiles, it also brings loneliness, regrets and pain.

In some ways I am happy. You have inspired me to write again. To put into words all that I think and feel and be free about it. You have made me want to share all that I have learned and experienced. You have made me realize that by freeing you from my mind, I am slowly letting go and moving on.

I want to move on, not necessarily forget, but slowly instruct myself to let go of the memories. Let your face fade out as with all the conversations we used to have, only retaining the lessons it has imparted. Yes, I am slowly letting you go. Letting you evolve as just another chapter of my life. And I am now turning the pages.

And in this new beginning, I will be stronger, better and all that you have wanted me to be. I know that in your end, you have become this much better person because of "us"...

If I can be given just one wish, it is to never look back - you and I. Let us live our lives separate from each other. Let us learn to move on in separate directions, looking ahead... Give me a chance to forget you...

In time there will be acceptance. We will meet again I know... maybe become friends again. You are a good person. I admire you and I want you in my life no matter how difficult it may be. I am not pushing you away. I just need more time away from you... Give me that chance please..."

And so I borrow these lyrics from the song:

"Since there's no more you and me
It's time I let you go
So I can be free
And live my life how it should be
No matter how hard it is I'll be fine without you
Yes I will"

- Better in Time by Leona Lewis

Comments

Popular Posts